EdgeStar Portable Air Conditioner Product Review
The one thing that you must never do is to allow the size of the EdgeStar 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner’s compact design to fool you into thinking that it is unable to do the work for which it is made.
A room measuring 225 square ft. will be no match to this air conditioner. We were also impressed by the efficiency with which this machine works. Its designers will tell you that it will cost you less than a dollar a day to run it.
To show how confident EdgeStar is in this and many other of their products, they have thrown in a three-year warranty. This is some of the best in this class. EdgeStar 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is designed specifically to save energy. This is why it will only run when it is needed, thanks to the 24-hour programmable timer.
In terms of ensuring that this product is one of the best in its class, EdgeStar has not spared any costs. Just check out the features and you will soon be sold.
- Designed to cool spaces measuring between 150 and 225 square feet, this depends on the heat load
- Equipped with a 24-hour programmable timer
- The fan has three speeds and has louvers to help discharge air in predefined directions
- The digital thermostat mechanism is adjustable
- Can easily be moved around, thanks to built-in rolling casters
- Comes with an industry leading three-year warranty
- Comes with the peace of mind of having a generous warranty
- Consumes less power and therefore saves you money when it comes to your energy bills
- Designed to protect the environment
- Small and light
- The remote control makes it easy to use this unit
- The fan is quite powerful
- The moment we say that the fan is powerful, we may as well be saying that the unit is noisy
- There are no controls on the machine, just the power button
- The machine is not equipped with an accessible drain pan
This unit presents the advantage of having a portable air conditioning system. Think about those areas where air units on the windows are not allowed. This provides a solution.
The designers of the EdgeStar 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner wanted to produce a unit that uses energy efficiently so that your energy bill does not sky rocket.
The unit is also small and compact to be moved around. It is not like some of those heavy air conditioning units that leave you asking why they even bother to use the word portable to describe them.
You will just have to take note of the fact that there are really no controls on the unit itself except the power button. This means that in the event that the remote control did not have any batteries, you will be stuck with just the power button. While the fan is quite powerful, you will have to not that this comes with some added noise.
It is always a great idea to look at a product in comparison with others in the same class. To see how the EdgeStar 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner stakes up, we compared it to the SPT 8,000BTU Single Hose Potable Air-conditioning.
Both the air conditioning systems have been designed to save energy. The SPT 8,000BTU has a specific energy efficiency of 8.9.
You can also look at the Honeywell MN10CESWW 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner. It is also equipped with a remote control to ensure that using it is easy.
The one thing that makes the Honeywell MN10CESWW a great choice is that it does not need a bucket, as its no-drip design takes evaporates any water automatically. The LCD display ensures that the unit can be controlled even when the remote control has no batteries or is not working properly.
The EdgeStar 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is endowed with great features that make it one of the best products you will find in this class. Even though it is quite small, you will be surprised at the power it has. Being small also makes it easy to control and move around.
One of the reasons why this is a product we love to recommend is the fact that it is designed to save energy. At less than a dollar a day, you will certainly keep your energy bills in check.
We just did not like the fact that the only control you have on the unit itself is the power button, this presents challenges when the remote does not have any batteries or goes missing for any reason.